What is Kids in Harmony?
Kids in Harmony is a creative music appreciation and values education program for children and their parents/caregivers. It incorporates movement to music, massage, relaxation and values education. A family bonding program - we nurture the whole family!
Kids in Harmony provides programs for every stage of a family’s development, including:
- Babies in Harmony: 6 weeks to crawlers
- Kids in Harmony: Walkers to 5 years
- HarmonyKIDS: Values and Yoga program: 4.5 to 9 years and 8 to 11 years
Kids in Harmony is based on the values that:
- Children thrive in a nurturing, supportive, accepting and respectful environment.
- Every parent/caregiver is a child’s first and most important teacher.
- Relaxation balances energy and encourages the concepts of self- awareness and self-care.
- Music unites families and can promote joyful and meaningful connections.
- Massage builds loving and gentle relationships while supporting healthy body image.
- Children who know they are truly valued by the adults in their lives have greater self-respect, self-acceptance and a sense of personal identity.
- Values awareness is a simple way to bring greater meaning to our lives, and encourages a calm and joyful approach to parenting.
- Our role as parents and caregivers is to build-on and nurture the strengths that already exist within our children.
We can survive only together, we can be human only together, what a glorious world would come into being if all of us lived harmoniously...
Our program is non-denominational. Our faith at Kids in Harmony is in people. We perform yoga influenced strengthening and stretching of the body within our sessions which are intended for health and wellbeing - to gain greater body awareness, balance and relaxation. We value 'togetherness' everybody is special.