At Kids in Harmony we celebrate the SEASON OF LOVE!
In doing so, we would love to share with you and your family, a special advent calendar we created, especially for families who love to nurture and encourage values and mindfulness within their hearts and homes. We hope you love our special values twist as much as we do!
The Kids in Harmony Advent Calendar is not a typical advent calendar where children receive a toy or treat, instead it is a fun and creative tool to inspire families to embrace community connection, create a culture of care, and experience the beautiful gift and feeling of how GIVING is RECEIVING.
We chose 25 virtues from The Little Book of Harmony and the Harmony Cards for Kids.
There are many ways you can implement the calendar in your house this festive season. Simply print out the calendar and use the daily “virtue” in a way that suites your family.
Here are some examples on how to display your calendar
- Place them in wrapped match boxes with the numbers on the front
- Fold them and do a lucky dip each day.
- Place each day in a small envelope with the numbers on the front.
- Peg them to your tree and find the number each day.
- Wrap each one in Christmas wrap with the numbers on the front.
- Recycle toilet rolls to make Christmas Crackers and place one in each roll.
- Use a traditional advent calendar house.
If you have a practicing faith, create your own affirmations that reflect the scriptures or prayer. You can add to the experience of nurturing values within your home by reading The Little Book of Harmony, The Colouring Book downloadable, Harmony Sticker OR the Kids in Harmony APP – I pad. We hope we inspire you to create more HARMONY into your day!
We hope you enjoy the Harmony Advent Calendar and the culture of care and connection it brings to you and your family and you can download your FREE copy of the advent calendar here .
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
From all of us at Kids in Harmony!